About Me

My photo
Heathrow , Florida
I'm Ashley! I am a teacher to 20 precious second graders, and I love my job more and more everyday. I am engaged to my highschool sweetheart and will be getting married in February 2017! We have two dogs - Tank, our Boxer and Colt, our Mali-Shepherd Mix.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

How are we Using the World Wide Web in our Classrooms?

When I think about technology in the classroom, I think about all the different resources available to us to use, including the Internet! I thought it would be a good idea to talk about some different ways that the World Wide Web is currently used in our elementary schools. What is effective and what is not effective? Is the new trend of the classroom using technology to supplement or enhance teacher instruction? 

Some of the major programs we use in my classroom are:

I-Ready
I-Ready is built for the Common Core; I-Ready combines a valid and reliable growth measure and individualized instruction. There is a single K–12 adaptive Diagnostic for reading and mathematics that pinpoints student needs down to the sub-skill level, and ongoing progress monitoring shows whether students are on track to achieve end-of-year targets. It provides rigorous, on-grade-level instruction and practice with additional downloadable lessons to help meet individual student or small group needs.

I-Station
I-Station is an online comprehensive reading and intervention program for grades K-8 that delivers research based individualized instruction and provides teachers and parents with the information, resources, and materials needed to help students become successful readers. We use this program in our classrooms for our English Language Learners.

TumbleBooks
TumbleBooks are animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love. TumbleBooks are created by taking existing picture books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book, which you can read, or have read to you.

eCampus
eCampus is Seminole County Public Schools version of Canvas. We use this as our classroom webpage. Students are able to communicate with teachers and parents can as well. Teachers can put important information, links, and assignments on their page for student access.

There are SO many more available resources to us to use, but I find that these 4, are the ones that I use most. I feel these websites are the most effective when used. I-Ready is what my students use as another source of explicit instruction based on their needs.


My students are telling me of websites that they find all the time. Kids these days are so up-to-date on the current trending websites, it is exciting to see when they find an educational website on their own that they are excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment